LEGAL CASEWORKER POSITION (closes November 5, 2021)
LEGAL CASEWORKER, Permanent full time
The Kenora office of the NORTHWEST COMMUNITY LEGAL CLINIC, a community legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario, is seeking an individual to assume the position of legal caseworker.
We are: A community legal clinic with offices in Kenora, Fort Frances and Atikokan. The NCLC provides access to justice to vulnerable members of our community through legal services in the areas of Tenant Rights, Social Assistance, Employment Law, Canada Pension Plan Disability, Employment Insurance, Education Issues, and Consumer Law.
AREAS OF SERVICE for this position include the City of Kenora and surrounding municipalities and First Nation communities, occasional virtual/telephone service is required in the Rainy River District.
- Law Society of Ontario licensee preferred
- Familiarity with clinic law issues
- Understanding of social justice issues
- Excellent research, writing and advocacy skills
- Proficiency with MS Word and Outlook, and familiarity with Excel
- Ability to travel, including valid Ontario Driver’s licence
- Acceptable Criminal Reference check
- Clinic law or other practice experience would be considered an asset for the position.
A comprehensive, co-funded benefits package and pension, and the opportunity to work in the beautiful Lake of the Woods area. Salary range $70,000 – $115,000, depending on experience, qualifications and funding.
EXPECTED START DATE is January 2022.
Apply in confidence by November 5, 2021 4:00pm Central Time
Trudy McCormick, Executive Director
Northwest Community Legal Clinic
206 Scott Street, Fort Frances, ON P9A 1G7
FAX (807)274-3141 TEL. (807)274-5327
NCLC is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants in advance and will contact only those candidates selected for consideration.