Staff Lawyer Position (CLOSED MAY 15, 2020)
The Kenora office of the NORTHWEST COMMUNITY LEGAL CLINIC, a community legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario, is seeking a lawyer to assume the position of caseworker.
Areas of Practice:
Areas of clinic law, including Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program, Income Security law, Tenant Protection, Criminal Injuries, and Consumer law.
A community legal clinic with offices in Kenora, Fort Frances and Atikokan.
AREAS OF SERVICE for this position include the City of Kenora and surrounding municipalities and First Nation communities
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- Familiarity with clinic law issues
- Understanding of social justice issues
- Excellent research, writing and advocacy skills
- Proficiency with MSWord and Outlook, and familiarity with Quicklaw
- Ability to travel, including valid Ontario Driver’s licence, ability to work independently and provide some supervision of other staff
- Acceptable Criminal Reference check
Clinic law or other practice experience would be considered an asset for the position.
Salary commensurate with experience and funding, a comprehensive, co-funded benefits package and RRSP benefit, and the opportunity to practice in the beautiful Lake of the Woods area.
EXPECTED START DATE is July 2020.
Apply in confidence by May 15, 2020 to
Trudy McCormick, Executive Director
Northwest Community Legal Clinic
206 Scott Street, Fort Frances, ON P9A 1G7
FAX (807)274-3141 TEL. (807)274-5327
NWCLC is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants in advance and will contact only those candidates selected for consideration.