Support Staff Contract Position
Northwest Community Legal Clinic has an opening for a 12 month contract Support Staff person (with possibility of extension of a further 12 months) in our Kenora office.
We are seeking an individual who is self-directed and is able to work independently as well as being an integral part of our team. You must demonstrate a commitment to social justice issues and have empathy for people living in poverty.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for reception, summary advice and file intake, computer/technical support, file management and support, and most day to day office procedures under the direction of the office manager. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, EXCEL, Power Point and Publisher) is imperative, along with the ability to learn the Legal Clinic’s computer data program. The candidate will be expected to be punctual and reliable. Some overnight travel will be required.
This full-time position is 35 hours per week. Salary will be in accordance with experience. Anticipated start date will be April 1, 2020 or sooner.
Candidates must possess:
- strong time management and organizational skills
- excellent case and file management skills
- strong oral communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to meet deadlines
To apply please submit:
- Your covering letter and résumé including references by 3:00 p.m. on Friday, February 28th, 2020 to Trudy McCormick, Executive Director by fax 1-807-274-3141, , regular mail, email email@example.com or in person at 206 Scott Street, Fort Frances, Ontario P9A 1G7
For more information about our clinic, our work or our history, please visit our website at: www.northwestcommunitylegalclinic.ca
Only those being offered an interview will be contacted.