How We Can Help
The Northwest Community Legal Clinic provides free legal services to low income residents of the Kenora and Rainy River Districts.
Contact us to get in touch with us for help.
If you have limited income and have problems in any of the following areas, the Legal Clinic may be able to help you with matters related to:
- Birth Certificates
- Canada Child Benefit (CCB)
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP) Disability or Pension Benefits
- Debt and Consumer Law
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- Employment and Work
- Disability Tax Benefits
- Housing & Homelessness
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- Ontario Works (OW)
- Old Age Security (OAS)
- Services for Victims of Crime
- Status Card Applications
- Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB)
- Summary advice and legal information: We provide summary advice and legal information about our core areas of law.
- Referrals: We connect clients with various social service agencies such as shelters and mental health organizations.
- Legal representation: We appear before various administrative tribunals with clients. This representation is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Public legal education outreach: Clinic staff are involved in educating various members of our community about their legal rights.
- Law reform initiatives: Clinic staff are involved in such initiatives aimed at advancing the legal interests of low-income people.
- Assisting clients to organize self-help groups: Clinic staff are involved in community organizing as a means of confronting low-income issues.